Friday, November 24, 2006

Giving Thanks

We had a pretty low key Thanksgiving even by my standards. My mom left for Georgia, Dad was in Indy and brothers went to in-laws. Max commented several times how it was weird that we weren't with our own family - which I found sweet and a bit sad.

We scored no less than 3 invites for dinner. (It is amazing the graciousness of people toward single mothers). We took Shawn up on hers - mainly because her son is Max's friend. We had a nice time with her family. Ate a big meal, played cards, drank cheap wine.

I made broccoli salad, cheese grits, and made a sweet potato pie!

Shawn's husband underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor earlier this year. He is doing great now but we were touched to be with a family that has so many reasons to give thanks. Then again, don't we all?

I hope your day was peaceful and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home